You’ve probably heard of a labor doula. Someone who stays by your side throughout the labor and delivery and afterbirth process to provide physical and emotional support. A bereavement doula is just how it sounds, someone to stay by your side while you grieve the loss of your baby.
I had never heard of a bereavement doula but after getting acquainted with Kathleen Garcia, I’m glad that there is someone out who wants to help parents walk through one of the hardest of life’s experiences: the loss of a child. Kathleen says that she never wants a Mom to have to suffer alone.
In this episode:
- Dealing with grief
- Dealing with miscarrriage
- Dads are often shut out and not allowed the same space to grieve.
- “rainbow baby”
- “A loss is a loss at any stage”
- “Miscarriage is a labor and a birth.”
- HG and abortion
- HG and loss
- Stillbirthday.com: Find a doula, get support, become certified to help others
- Beyond Morning Sickness: This book was like a balm to my soul after having HG.
- Just knowing that you are not alone is a comfort.
- October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.
To connect with Kathleen, visit her website here: http://kgempoweringmothers.com/
She also has an etsy shop here: Oils Of The Rainbow